We celebrate our confederate ancestors and are proud of our heritage.
We are a genealogy and history social club. Just like the Daughters of the American Revolution, and The Mayflower Society.
We are not a hate group.
We are proud Americans that like to share our family history with others and strive to protect that heritage.
If you have a confederate ancestor and want to become a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans please reach out.
If you think you might based on family lore let us assist you in finding out more about your family history.
We have monthly meetings, socials, and road trips.
Founded in 1896 the Sons of Confederate Veterans is a national organization.
Today, the Sons of Confederate Veterans is preserving the history and legacy of these heroes so that future generations can understand the motives that animated the Southern Cause.
The SCV is the direct heir of the United Confederate Veterans, and the oldest hereditary organization for male descendants of Confederate soldiers.
1) The Sons of Confederate Veterans is a 501(c) (3) tax- exempt corporation recognized by the United States government as a veterans’ advocacy group. We are strictly patriotic, historical, educational, fraternal, benevolent, non-political, non-racial, & non-sectarian organization organized exclusively for charitable, religious, education, and scientific purposes.
2) The SCV denounces all forms of racism and anyone who misuses our ancestors’ Battle Flag. We mourn the recent hateful shooting in Charleston, South Carolina just as we do any act of violence against innocent people.
3) The SCV has members from many demographics in the Sons of Confederate Veterans, whose ancestors regardless of their race, color or creed served honorably in the Confederate armed services. We have no animosity towards anyone and only wish to live peacefully with all people; however, we will not tolerate the vitriol attacks upon us and our ancestors. We extend our hands in brotherhood to all Americans and expect the same respect and behavior in return.
4) Confederate Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines are American veterans designated by an act of Congress in U.S. Public Law 85-425: Sec. 410 approved 23 May 1958. They deserve the same respect as all American veterans and we believe that an attack on one set of veterans is an attack on all American veterans.
5) We do not impede honoring the ancestors or heroes of any group of people and we expect the same tolerance and understanding of diversity extended to us. We don’t want to remove statues or memorials to the heroes of any of our fellow Americans nor do we have any inclination to block or protest celebrations of anyone’s heroes or symbols. All Americans deserve equal protection and respect under the law.
6) We want to recognize, not antagonize. We are not confrontational; we just wish to honor our families and their heroes. We have the right to do so without harassment or condemnation as we respect other people’s rights to honor whomever they desire.
7) The Confederate flag stands for history, heritage, and genuine pride in our ancestors and in our Southland. We are the rightful heirs to this soldier’s flag and we denounce anyone who will misuse it and any other symbol. We are not bigots and we despise anyone who harbors these beliefs.
8) Please contact your state, local, and national elected officials and demand that we won’t tolerate any attacks on our heritage. In addition, please contact merchants who have removed Confederate merchandise and tell them that we consider this cultural cleansing.